De Bordieu, South Carolina
Last week I got to meet Matthew's family out in South Carolina. They rented a house right on the beach in a neighborhood in South Carolina. It was wonderful. I was able to rest and relax. Read a book. Sit on the beach. Sit on the patio and listen to the rain. We also did some exploring up the coast and took a tour in Charleston. I took some photos of the beach. Every afternoon around 3 pm the tide rose to our stairs.


Grafton and Christy found these sand dollars after much looking.

Starfish were easier to find, but many of them were too fuzzy to save, or they were still alive so we didn't want to kill them.

We learned that South Carolina has the most sea turtle nests on the East Coast with over 3000 each year. Had we been there a week or two later, we might have seen some hatch.


0 comments: