Signs of Spring

5:50 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Today is technically the first day of spring. Happy right? All of me is shouting with joy except for my sinuses. The pollen count is at 11.0 out of 12 today so my time outside is limited. But I love seeing signs of summer everywhere around me. Our yard is in need of a lot of clean up, new mulch and some pretty annuals. I can't wait to get out there and make it pretty! I am also super excited to see what comes back this year. We planted so much last spring and have had such a hard winter but I think we will get a lot back. Our trees all have some new growth and are doing well. The only tree that looks pitiful is our Teddy Bear Magnolia. The -15 degree temps this winter literally freezer burned the leaves of this southern tree. I am reassured that it is alive and growing! We will lose all of the brown leaves, but new ones are coming.

Buds have formed... leaves to come :)
My small planting of daffodils decided to bloom this year!
Lamb's Ear

0 comments: