grain free pup
So while she is a beautiful creature (despite the fact she eats mice, bugs, and caterpillars) she also has food allergies. I had never heard of dogs and food allergies until she was almost a year old. We noticed she scratched herself all the time. We changed her food and that helped a little but I was totally at a loss as to what I should actually be feeding her. There are so many different websites that say different things and really just try to sell you a product. The scratching got worse this last fall so I took her in to the vet who suggested a different type of food. This food - the Core version - is GRAIN FREE. This made a huge difference.
After visiting a holistic pet shop in Charlotte, NC, we removed the grain filled treats we'd been giving her for over year. She now gets sweet potato fries found in a pet bakery here in Rogers and odor-free bully sticks. We also put probiotics in every bowl of food she gets. She no longer scratches at all! Her ears are healthy, her eyes no longer have that typical cocker gunk, and her coat is gorgeous. Call me crazy, but if I'm buying food and treats, I may as well buy stuff that is actually helping my pet feel healthy. I am thankful that after almost 2 years of scratching, ear cleaning, and eye gunk, we have figured out what to feed her! I am still looking for different grain free treats so if you know of any, please let me know!

Hey! I just learned of your blog! We have our dog on a grain-free diet as well, and it's help significantly with her personality and being less anxious. Good to know we aren't the only crazy ones :) Glad to see you are doing well!
ReplyDelete