I need another
Date night, please!
This girl must be going through something (or a lot of things!) because the past couple of days have been challenging. We have gotten pretty good at helping her keep the hearing aids in, but when she wants attention or is bored she pulls them out and smiles directly at me. OH MY GOODNESS! We have a stinker on our hands. It is a challenge because you don't want to reward the behavior by looking at her, but you can't let the child put them in her mouth :/
And so I power through. Most of the time. This morning I gave up and just put them away. Her instructor from the Moog Center just encourages me to keep putting them back in.
I am also learning how to talk to her. It is slowly becoming more natural to label EVERYTHING and narrate EVERYTHING we do, exposing her to as much language as we can. Charis has started doing this as well so it is cute to listen to her talk to Elsie using repetition and labeling. We may have a future speech pathologist on our hands :)



0 comments: