My recent internet obsession
I have a confession to make. I am addicted to researching cloth diapers.Hah. That feels good.
So a couple of months ago, Matthew suggested that of course, we would use cloth diapers with our baby. Really? Trying to be supportive, I said "Okay". He had actually already been doing some research trying to find out how soon you could potty train. He read that cloth diapered kids actually potty train faster because they learn to feel when they are wet sooner. (He also thought that they came out crawling).
So he sent me to a couple of websites and I hesitantly started looking into it. Wow is it overwhelming! There are so many different brands, types, and styles. For me, the fact that I am choosing to stay home, cloth diapering seems like a wise economical decision since we could potentially save $1500 or more if we use them for the next baby. I'm hoping that my hours of research pay off in the long run :)
Anyways... here are some of the sites where I have been spending the majority of my time.
Sweet Bottoms
My go to site for reviews and recommendations
Amazon carries many of the main brands and I like reading the reviews
Most require enzyme free detergent. This site has tons of great information!
If you or anyone you know has had cloth diapering success, please let me know what you used! If you think I'm crazy, join the crowd!


Hey Emily,
ReplyDeleteWe use cloth diapers with Grace. We use Bummis covers with prefolds. They are the most economical, and in my opinion I like them the best because you can reuse covers, and they dry faster. Do you still have my phone number? If you want to know more about what we do, just give me a call. I'd be happy to tell you more. They really aren't hard at all once you have the right stuff, and we like them better than disposables (less diaper rash)...but it can get so overwhelming looking online.
Hope that helps a little!
Allison