Lorelai the baby

5:41 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Matthew and I were so excited yesterday! We went to the pet store and purchased a new wire crate for Lorelai to sleep in and to stay in during the day when I am at work. This new crate will give her more space to sleep at night and it will eliminate the need for a huge play-yard taking up our bathroom. Awesome, right? We even got her a new pillow and a new water spout (like a gerbils). So we put her in last night and she cried for 2 hours! She sat there and looked up at me with the saddest cocker eyes. But I am all about tough love, so I let her cry for a while.

After I couldn't get to sleep (I spent most of the day cleaning the house) I was tired and mad. So I got Matthew to come help me. We covered the whole thing with a dark blanket, gave her the old, dirty towel that was in the other crate, and gave her the lamb - a new favorite toy which was a gift from Matthew's parents. After all of this, she only cried for about 5 more minutes and finally gave in. This morning I found her with her paw cuddled over the lamb.

All this to say we had no idea. Thinking about it, it makes sense. She has slept in that crate since we got her which was 9 months ago. It was cozy to her, it was her bed and how dare we take that away from her. Hopefully, this routine will not continue and she will get used to her new bed. Today she is enjoying the nice weather, a long walk, and a big back yard all to herself. I've heard stories about people like me and thought they were crazy. Now I'm a crazy too!

0 comments: