Cold weather, birthdays, and diapers
It is a bitter-sweet time for me since I love summer and flip-flops but I am a wuss when it comes to walking around with freezing feet. But it also means hot tea and cocoa and pretty sweaters. And I am enjoying fall with a totally new appreciation. After living in Waco, TX for 4 1/2 years, I had forgotten how pretty the trees can be. It is refreshing.This weekend Matthew and I went to my home to visit the family. Happy Birthday Daddy and Aunt Beth! We had a really fun time. I went shopping with Mom on Saturday and Matthew and my dad went skeet shooting : ) And then Saturday night we had a fun family gathering at the grandparents to celebrate the birthdays. I love going home because it feels like nothing has changed and I am reminded that it will always be HOME.
This past week was also exciting for me as Matthew got to meet the family that I nanny for. He came over Thursday evening so the parents could go on a date. It was fun to introduce Matthew to the babies and to watch him feed a baby and change a diaper for the first time ever! Now he understands a little better when I come home talking in a sing-song voice and making baby noises.

I love reading your blog! Sounds like you had a great weekend :) You will have to take pics of the trees because I don't get to see them here! Love you friend!
ReplyDelete~Jaclyn